Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Feast or Famine - Mother of Temper Tantrum

Temper Tantrum: Proper Noun? Some days, I feel as if I am the mother of a temper tantrum, rather than the mother of a child. There are days where he wakes up with the horns already poking through his scalp, and other days, they seem to find their way through the skin between the door of his school and the door of my car. This past Wednesday was the worst - EVER. He cried for 2.5 hours straight. He really wanted mommy - bad! It was too bad that he was sitting on mommy's lap when he was screaming for her!

Then, we have some amazing days, where we literally enjoy every single minute and can't get enough of him.

Friday night, we drove to Cincinnati. The kid was very good, the entire way. He stayed awake the entire time and didn't even get into bed until after 1AM. (And for the record - my kid went potty in the big boy potty FIVE times that day!!) Next day - he did very well, even through the CARS2 movie - took a nap on the way home -and woke up with horns. Fortunately, they were retractable that afternoon/evening and he was a good boy for Grandma and Papa.

Sunday was a pretty good day. He didn't get a nap until late in the afternoon, but slept as we drove home, about half way, and then watched Lilo and Stitch in the car.

Monday was amazing. He was good in school, I took him grocery shopping after school, where he was AMAZINGLY good, (for once. He doesn't like grocery shopping), and even held my hand without complaining in the parking lot. We played outside, picked rocks out of the grass (there are a lot of rocks in our yard, which makes it hard for Adam to mow), ate dinner, took a shower, read a book etc etc - and he was SUCH a GOOD listener.

Today he's at Auntie Cindy's house, let's hope that he can be a good listener again! I have lots of pictures from the movie this weekend. I hope I can remember to post them when I get home!!

No comments: