Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Back Seat Driver

I hate the way Google formatted this post. It did not look this spaced out when I typed it. Stupid blogspot, i hate this program more and more each day. Here's some silly things my son has done: Taking Ares to work this morning, I went through a yellow light (might have been considered a little pink at the time). Ares says "Uh-Oh. Red is stop mommy." -Smart Ass.

Between his bottom two front teeth he always has a plaque build up, regardless of how many times we brush his teeth. So yesterday, I decided to attempt to floss his teeth. After putting the floss through 6 or 7 times, it got the job done. "More mommy". I told him that we were done, the floss worked and I didn't have to do it any more, and he says "put da string my mouth!". I guess it's good to start young. I had to tell him that we'll do it again tomorrow. He was OK with that, because for the next half an hour I got nothing but kisses from him and TONS of laughs. I let him stay up an extra 15 minutes so I could get more =) (He also loves to have his ears cleaned and his finger nails clipped - always has, but his feet are too ticklish - I hate that part.)

I hate boogers, I hate ear wax, I hate eye boogers, I don't love dry skin. I've learned to deal with Ares' eczema. He used to cry when I would try to pick at his ear if there were something there. The other day I picked at something in his ear, and he turned around a said "Now the other one". HA! I WIN!

Ares loves fruit and (some) veggies. He's starting to understand that they're not real treats though. Yesterday I gave him a bag of fruit snacks. He finished them in record time and asked for some more. Here's our conversation:



Ares: Fwoo sacks pees (fruit snacks please)


Me: No, you can have another package after dinner.


Ares: I want cake pees.


Me: We have no cake.


Ares: OK, den pizza pees (then pizza please, which is funny, because he doesn't really like pizza)


Me: We have no pizza, dinner's on the stove, we'll eat soon.


Ares: Cookies?


Me: *laughing* Wow, Ares, are you hungry?


Ares: No, *as he runs to the TV* Mommy, Cars TV


Me: No, we're going to eat dinner soon, no TV


Ares: *thinking* Bwuzz Wightyeeer? On da TV? (Buzz Lightyear, from Toy Story. He's seen the movie twice, I'm not sure how he can remember the characters so well.)


Me: Go play with your dinosaurs Ares: *running* Rooooaaaarrrrrrr


Like none of the previous conversation ever happened.


I'm starting to think that Mother Nature is like an old abusive boyfriend - we take nothing but crap, constantly, and when we've just about had it, they do something to make us so happy (80* Sunday), and then it's back to the same ol' sh*t all over again. (40* Monday/Tuesday). Grrrrr

Thankfully, this was last month, and not too recently.



Ares loves spending time with his Great Grandparents. He doesn't see them much, but he loves the attention when he does! Here we're celebrating Grandpa Schmidt's 80th birthday. That same chocolate cake in the pictures is what I believe put me into labor when I was having Ares a few years ago.


No comments: